– Ottolenghi’s Pumpkin, saffron and orange soup
– Ottolenghi’s Halloween Soufflé, from Plenty (2010), but the recipe is also online here
– This Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup (
optional recommended bourbon splash served on the side)
– These Pumpkin cinnamon rolls by Smitten Kitchen (we halved the sugar filling and the cream cheese icing, and still loved them)
– Pumpkin and pea risotto
– Pumpkin pasta bake (this is a classic in our house, and someday I’m sure it will appear here. Using pumpkin purée, or other winter squash, as the base of your sauce turns an average baked pasta dish into a rich, vitamin-packed meal with so little energy that it’s a shame not to roast and freeze as much as you can now while they’re in season.)
– Pumpkin and aduki bean quesadillas
– Feeding our freezer to have on hand for upcoming needs.
Thankfully, the season is in full swing, and I’m storing these recipes to check out soon:
– This soup, these muffins, this salad, and another soup from Heidi Swanson
– These Pumpkin smoothies, shared by SouleMama
– Some form of Pumpkin spice latte (maybe this, or this but with the spices we know and love?)
– My grandmother’s pumpkin pie (because even if it’s not a holiday where you live, Thanksgiving should be celebrated somehow)
I hope you’re enjoying this very colorful squash season as much as we are.